Ottawa Virtualization Services & Solutions
Depending on the size of your business, virtualization can be a great way to save money. According to Cisco, “Virtualization is the process of running multiple virtual machines on a single physical machine. The virtual machines share the resources of one physical computer, and each virtual machine is its own environment.”
Bedrock IT can help you create virtual systems that meet your disparate business needs. By putting the same resources to use in multiple ways, you are guaranteed to save money on software. Below are some other benefits of virtualization:
- With virtualization, fewer physical resources are required. You don’t have to fill your office up with desktops or servers, enabling you to run a smaller physical office with lower energy costs.
- With virtualization, you can continue to use legacy software. For various reasons, businesses may not want to upgrade to the latest Windows operating system or the latest version of a software program. Running a virtual system allows you to keep using the software and OS you are most comfortable with.
- With virtualization, you automatically reduce maintenance and energy costs.
- Virtualization enables you to move to the cloud. Theoretically, with the cloud and virtualization, you only have to have one computer in your office to run your entire business. And you won’t have to hire as many people to work in your office.
- Virtualization gives you instant offsite access to files, programs, and other data. This enables you and your employees to do more work at home, at Starbucks, or while on the road.
- Virtualization ensures less downtime and fewer unplanned outages. With only a few hardware devices to monitor, you can minimize the risk of electrical or networking problems.
- Virtualization allows for faster and easier backup and disaster recovery. Your data is not spread out across multiple devices and is already hosted primarily in the cloud or on the internet. After an outage or disaster, you will be back up and running in no time.
- All around, virtualization makes for a more efficient IT infrastructure for your businesses. Hardware is deployed in a streamlined fashion and there are fewer variables when the time comes for software installation and upgrade.
- It’s worth mentioning again that virtualization greatly reduces operating costs.
- Virtualization also provides increased security. With fewer entry points to your business’s infrastructure hackers and cybercriminals have less of a chance of negatively impacting your business.
Contact Bedrock IT today, and let’s discuss how virtualization can help your business.